outside the frame is thinking about and making art “outside the box” By exploring art and experimenting with media, paints, styles and technique

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Success with painting

Successes and failures are a constant aspect of painting. Some things work and some things just don’t ! What for me is the most frustrating feature is you can not always see why.  Its just when it works it works.

I have made several explorations into the abstract expressionist style of painting made famous by Jackson Pollack in a number of media and although I have always gained from each of these studies I have to admit that I have not always liked the results or found them pleasing.


A Successful painting #28 acrylic paint on paper
9 x 9 inches approx
Acrylic paint splattered, dripped and applied to paper

This piece however is a Success with painting in this style and I am very pleased with the result it just works from my point of view. Perhaps I have just gained enough experience and control of the media with the previous efforts that allowed me to relax and enjoy the moment of painting this piece.

Please leave your valued comments and let me know if you think this is a Success or not ?

No comments:

Post a Comment